About Me

My photo
Halloo! When I found out I could go to med school with a Humanities degree with an Ethnomusicology emphasis, I almost peed myself. Here's to me holding it in.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

HUM 201 Journal Entry 10


For Lori



In heart’s deep well the universe planted
A love for simple, for small, above all
The great and grand things, so vulgar and tall.
Quiet things best, all by beauty granted –
See the rose, perfect, petals enchanted
To draw the eye close, like a siren to call
‘Til the nose catches scent, then shall befall
Banishment of hate, sternness supplanted.
In Thee I find no loudness of nature
No coarseness of speech or wile of the mind
But simplicity of heart, unfeigned love
In fields of wildflow’rs you dance, no chaussure
Affection so pure, passion so refined!
Babe, just admit it – you fit like a glove.

No comments:

Post a Comment